Regaining My Sewjo! And A Tour Of My Sewing Room

I lost my sewjo in my messy sewing room!

When I started this blog a couple of months ago, I had a huge rush of sewing mojo. But instead of cleaning up I was editing pictures and writing draft posts. Well...

This enormous mess overcame me!

But I am happy to report that I have cleaned up my act. Now I want to quickly give you a tour of my sewing space. Mainly because I find it fun to nosey in on other peoples sewing rooms too, so I will show you mine.

*((Pssssttt... image hover will show you a before and after))*

Sewing Room


Sewing Room

Sewing Room

And this is where most of the action happens. All my machine feet, pins and necessities are in that little purple organiser, underneath that are my current projects and patterns.

Sewing Desk

My machines are pretty basic, low budget machines. My sewing machine is a Janome 2160DC, I wrote a very simple review which you can see here. I want to get another machine though, the Janome isn't the best when topstitching multiple layers. Not that she cant do it, but she doesn't like to and gets a bit wonky lol.

Sewing Desk

The overlocker I use currently is a 3-thread, ancient Elna Lock F3. It is actually my mums, she bought it for like $50 on Ebay years and years ago. Very very basic, but I only use it to finish seams. It does the job well enough for me.  I will replace it one day, but there are about a million sewing notions and tools I would like to acquire first.

Sewing Desk

So there you go, you can see where I create. You definitely do not need anything fancy to create beautiful things.

What does your sewing space look like? Are you good at keeping it clean?

If you have a blog, have you posted about your sewing space? Leave me a link! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It looks great! I am not brave enough to share my current sewing space (dining table!) but we are now converting our guest bedroom to my sewing room so I will blog about it soon! Off to Ikea this weekend to get some stuff for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing I love to see others that are as messy as I am. My old sewing room was in the cupboard of the spare bedroom, but it was a pain to clean up when people wanted to stay. Thankfully we are nearly finished building a new house where I have my own sewing room that can get as messy as I want and i can close the door and no one has to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that image hover! So fun to see the before and after like that. I don't have my own sewing room but I imagine if I did it would be messy a lot of the time. It must be so lovely to sew in when it's tidy though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm incredibly nosey and I've loved seeing your craft room! Doesn't it seem that when you're busy, a sewsplosion just seems to happen and fills the room up with mess!

    We've just moved house so I'm trying to find homes for everything. I'm very lucky to have a nice big sewing room in this house though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great space! I love that hover thing you did with picture. That large cupboard is perfect for fabric, nice and roomy. I'm the same, I struggle to get started and work properly if my sewing area is a mess.

    ReplyDelete